Dental veneers are a type of cosmetic dentistry used to change the appearance of your teeth to improve your smile. Veneers are made from porcelain, which is then applied to the front surface of your teeth as a thin covering. Reservoir Smiles offers porcelain dental veneers to local residents in the Reservoir, Watsonia & Macleod communities.
Dental veneers are thin porcelain or composite resin shells bonded to the teeth’ front surfaces. Veneers are used to improve the appearance of teeth that are discoloured, worn down, chipped, or misaligned. They can also be used to close gaps between teeth.
Veneers are an option for people who want to improve the appearance of their smile and do not want to undergo more invasive procedures, such as braces or dental crowns. The procedure is usually done in two visits to the dentist. During the first visit, the dentist will take impressions of your teeth and send them off to a dental lab, where they will be used to create your veneers. The veneers will be bonded to your teeth at your second appointment with special cement.
If you’re considering veneers, it’s essential to consult a qualified cosmetic dentist with experience in placing them. Veneers are not right for everyone, and your dentist can help you decide if they are a good option for you.
1. Improve the Appearance of Your Teeth: One of the most common reasons people opt for dental veneers is to improve the appearance of their teeth. Veneers can cover various imperfections, including chips, cracks, discolouration, and misshapen teeth.
2. Durable and Long-lasting: Your dental veneers can last for many years with proper care. Porcelain is very strong and durable, so you won’t have to worry about your veneers cracking or chipping over time.
3. Help Protect Your Teeth: In addition to their cosmetic benefits, veneers can also help protect your teeth from further damage. Veneers are a barrier between your teeth and harmful substances like bacteria and acid.
4. Easy to Care For: Caring for dental veneers is no different than caring for your natural teeth. Be sure to brush twice daily and floss regularly to keep your veneers clean and debris-free. You should also see your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings.
5. Boost Your Confidence: Perhaps the biggest benefit of dental veneers is the boost in confidence they can provide. If you’re self-conscious about your smile, veneers can give you the beautiful, flawless teeth you’ve always wanted. When you feel good about yourself, it shows in your demeanour and interactions with others.
Dental veneers are a popular cosmetic dentistry treatment that can give you a beautiful, white smile. There are two main types of dental veneers: porcelain and composite.
Porcelain veneers are made from thin sheets of porcelain custom-made to fit your teeth. Porcelain veneers are more expensive than composite veneers but are also more durable and natural-looking.
Composite veneers are made from a mixture of plastic and glass particles. Composite veneers are less expensive than porcelain veneers, but they may not last as long.
If you’re considering dental veneers, talk to your dentist about which type is right for you.
Dental veneers are an increasingly popular cosmetic dental procedure that offers many benefits. If you’re looking for a way to improve the appearance of your smile, dental veneers may be right for you. Be sure to talk to our dentists at Reservoir Smiles about whether or not this procedure is right for you.